Friday, August 30, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars

This summer for my summer reading assignment for school we were given freedom on what book we wanted to read. I went to book stores and talked to friends but ultimately I couldn't decide what I wanted to read. After much time thinking I saw the book The Fault In our Stars sitting on the shelf begging for me to read it. The front tof the book was colorful and looked nice and I 'kinda' read the back so I went into the book without knowing much. This book turned out to be the best book I've read so far. It's a teenage love story. What girl wouldn't love a teenage love story? John Green, the author, makes you fall in love with the main characters and you feel as if you're their friends. Green writes the book so beautifully and the writing is easy to read through. I actually finished the boo in one day because you dont want to put it down. Typical books that make people cry, I typically dont cry because thats just how I am but with The Fault in Our Stars I became an absolute puddle because it's a very emotionally involved book(I probably wouldn't read this book in public haha). Without giving too much away here's a quick summary. After being diagnosed with cancer Hazel's parents decided to send her to a support group where she meets Augustus. Augustus and her quickly become friends and go to Ambersterdam where they fall in love. In Amsterdam Hazel receives devastating news before they return, so when they get back to America it's a sad time for Hazel and Augustus but they make it work by reading books together, play video games, and talking with their friend Issac. To figure out the rest you have to read the book! If you do read it, let me know your thoughts and feelings. Thanks for reading my blog

2 comments:

  1. So what kind of books do you like (aside from the teenage romance?) I have a world of recommendations that I can make.
    what do you like best about reading? what does it do to you as a person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read modern day fiction or anything that catches my interest. If love some recommendations.

      Delete